The Book Review assignment gives you an opportunity to explore literature related to core concepts of our course as well as those related to your community’s creation and use of information. The review will also provide supporting citations for your research paper.
- Start early – don’t procrastinate!
- Review the list of books, acquire one of them to read/review and begin reading your book early in the semester. The list of books that can be reviewed are found on the assignment page.
- Review the assignment description, requirements and rubric carefully
- Create a check-list or tracking mechanism to ensure your finished assignment meets all the requirements.
- Review sample assignments of past Book Reviews – also found on the assignment page.
- As you read, make notations about ideas, phrases or information that has current or potential impact on information professionals and information communities – particularly the community you have chosen. What ideas might align with your community’s information behavior and needs?
Formatting Your Work
- Review the assignment description, requirements and rubric carefully again
- Your Book Review should be a minimum of 750 words and a maximum of 1,000 words in length.
- Use photographs, video or other media to enhance your Book Review
Submitting Your Assignment
- Publish the book review on your blog.
- ALSO Submit the URL for your book review to Canvas.
Suggestions for submitting your assignment:
- Spell and grammar check your document
- Take a break from your document and come back later to proofread it (manually)
- Ask a peer to proofread your document – offer to do the same for them.