We’re moving closer to each of you choosing an information community to study and this module may further inform your decision. I would urge you to start broad and narrow, as appropriate, over the course of the semester as you gain your footing in research and writing about your information community. Please be patient and open-minded as you approach the blog posts and the larger writing assignments (literature review, information sources survey). A few students last semester decided mid-term to change direction or completely abandoned their initial information community. We do have that flexibility in case things aren’t falling into place.
- Please view this intro video to the week’s work.
- Hopefully everyone has downloaded the OPML file and added the blogs not included (see this post & this post).
- Be sure you are logged in to our section site (this one) and the Community Site so your activity is added to the streams. If you are not logged in your activity is not visible.
- For this site: If you haven’t added a profile pic or avatar for your member account, please do so by editing your Profile under the top right hand menu on our site. Remember: you can use any image to represent yourself in class. I’d also suggest doing it at the LIBR 200 Community Site as well.
- Try using an @username to give another classmate a shout out or send me a public thought with @michael. See this page for more info.
- Your community choice is due on 9/17 as a blog post. Please join the group for discussion of your community choice. We’ve already had a lot of activity as folks explore their ideas.
- If you haven’t yet, please review the Assignment Synthesis example to see how the work you begin this week leads to the final paper.
- I would also suggest reviewing the assignment pages and rubrics closely so you understand expectations for each assignment.
- Be sure to review the Getting Started on the Book Review post.
Reflection Blogging Due Dates:
- Blog Post #2: Description of Information Community you are choosing to explore for the course and the research paper. Due 9/17 Be sure to read the Blogging Assignment helper for Post #2.