Hey all – as I said in our class social time, I want to offer an extension on Blog Report Post #2: Describing Your Community. I will be traveling to San Jose (post about that to come) and want to give you extra time to consider how you will describe your community within the parameters of our course. Please have your post published to your blog by February 16th.
Here is the helper I posted earlier this week:
Blog Post #2: Describe the Information Community you are choosing to explore for the course and the research paper. Utilize Fisher & Bishop’s definition and characteristics of Information Communities to describe your choice to the class.
- Be sure to cite Fisher & Bishop from our course materials as part of your description as well as other readings and resources featured in the lectures.
- What connections do you see between your chosen community and the definition of information communities?
- What other readings and resources featured in the lectures do you feel may be useful in exploring with this community?
- Cite other course resources or your own research as needed.
- Here’s a sample post #2 on Social Movements as an Information Community.
- Here’s a sample post #2 on Zoomers as an Information Community.