Greetings all – After your Introductory post, your next five blog entries are all part of the Blog Reports assignment. As noted in our getting started posts, you will use your blog on the Community Site blogging platform in this class. The five posts will include substantial content, citations, and reflective thinking. These blog posts should form the basis of parts of your research paper and are worth 25 points.
I will post reminders about blogging as part of our weekly Introductions, but for now here are some action items to help you get started. The Introductory post and final reflection are part of your participation grade.
- Be sure to look at the Assignment Helper for insights and details on writing each post.
- Please submit your URLs to Canvas for grading on the due dates.
Blog Report Due Dates: (See assignment page for full descriptors.)
- Blog Post #1: Introduce yourself. (Participation) DUE: 8/28
- Blog Post #2: Describe the Information Community you are choosing to explore for the course and the research paper. DUE: 9/11
- Blog Post #3: Report on the information-seeking behavior and information needs of chosen community. DUE: 10/02
- Blog Post #4: Summarize one of the peer-reviewed articles relating to your information community you’ve found. DUE: 10/09
- Blog Post #5: Explore how libraries and information centers create learning and programming opportunities for your chosen community. DUE: 10/30
- Blog Post #6: Report on the issues your community may face on an international scale. DUE: 11/13
- Blog Post #7: Report on your community’s use of emerging technologies. DUE: 11/20
- Blog Post #8: Personal reflection on information communities. (Participation) DUE: 12/6