Greetings all – After your Introductory post, your next five blog entries are an important part of the Blog Reports assignment. As noted in our getting started posts, you will use your blog on the Community Site blogging platform in this class. The posts will include substantial content, citations, and reflective thinking. These blog posts should form the basis of parts of your research paper and are worth 25 points total. Your final course reflection is worth 2 points as is your intro post.
I will post reminders about blogging as part of our weekly Introductions, but for now here are some action items to help you get started.
- Be sure to look at the Assignment Helper for insights and details on writing each post.
- Please submit your URLs to Canvas for grading on the due dates.
Blog Report Due Dates: (See assignment page for full descriptors.)
- Blog Post #1: Introduce yourself. DUE: 8/27
- Blog Post #2: Describe the Information Community you are choosing to explore for the course and the research paper. DUE: 9/10
- Blog Post #3: Report on the information-seeking behavior and information needs of chosen community. DUE: 10/01
- Blog Post #4: Summarize one of the peer-reviewed articles relating to your information community you’ve found. DUE: 10/08
- Blog Post #5: Explore how libraries and information centers create learning and programming opportunities for your chosen community. DUE: 11/12
- Blog Post #6: Report on the issues your community may face on an international scale. DUE: 11/19
- Blog Post #7: Report on your community’s use of emerging technologies. DUE: 12/03
- Blog Post #8: Personal reflection on information communities. DUE: Last day of class