Greetings all – After your Introductory post, your next five blog entries are all part of the Blog Reports assignment. As noted in our getting started posts, you will use your blog on the Community Site blogging platform in this class. The five posts will include substantial content, citations, and reflective thinking. These blog posts should form the basis of parts of your research paper and are worth 25 points.
I will post reminders about blogging as part of our weekly Introductions, but for now here are some action items to help you get started. The Introductory post and final reflection are part of your participation grade.
- Be sure to look at the Blogging Helper for insights and details on writing each post.
- Because we use feeds and readers for this section of 200, individual post URL submissions are not required.
- Twice during the semester you will submit your blog URL to Canvas for grading.
Blog Report Due Dates: (See assignment page for full descriptors.)
- Blog Post #2: Describe the Information Community you are choosing to explore for the course and the research paper. 9/13
- Blog Post #3: Report on the information-seeking behavior and information needs of chosen community. 9/27
- Blog Post #4: Summarize one of the peer-reviewed articles relating to your information community you’ve found. 10/04
On October 4, you will submit your top level blog URL to Canvas. I will grade your first three posts cumulatively.
- Blog Post #5: Explore how libraries and information centers create learning and programming opportunities for your chosen community. 11/15
- Blog Post #6: Report on the issues your community may face on an international scale. 11/22
- Blog Post #7: Report on your community’s use of emerging technologies 12/06
Then on 12/07, submit your URL again and I will grade your posts five through seven cumulatively.