Hey all – I am going to extend the due date for the LIS Model/Theory Research Summary to September 22.
As I said in the video for this assignment, this is your first formal writing piece. Try not to stress too much – you are trying ideas on for size right now! This a way for you to start thinking about a throw or model and how it might apply to a specific information community. Go through each piece and write 2-3 sentences. You might break it down like this:
2. Summarize the model or theory in your own words…then answer these questions:
3. Who developed the theory?
4. What questions or hypotheses lead to the development of the model or theory?
5. Is the model focused on a specific type of information behavior or type of community?
6. Describe how the model or theory provides a lens for understanding the information behaviors of your chosen community (if possible).
7. List the other scholars who have used the model or theory as a framework in their research. Briefly (very briefly!) describe those studies (or study) and what insights they give you about information behavior.