Hey all – I want to offer a mid term check in for the Blog reports assignment.
The mid-term check in is optional. I am glad to chat with each of you who would like to via any of the channels we have available to us. Please let me know if you’d like to text chat on Zoom IM, message here on the site or email as a way to check in on how each of you are doing. I will be on Zoom IM as much as possible throughout the next few days. Please send me an IM, site message or email and we’ll discuss via the channel of your choosing.
Blog Reports Due Dates: (See assignment page for full descriptors.)
- Blog Post #1: Introduce yourself. (Participation) 1/26
- Blog Post #2: Describe the Information Community you are choosing to explore for the course and the research paper. 2/9
- Blog Post #3: Report on the information-seeking behavior and information needs of chosen community. 3/1
- Blog Post #4: Summarize one of the peer-reviewed articles relating to your information community you’ve found. 3/8
- Blog Post #5: Explore how libraries and information centers create learning and programming opportunities for your chosen community. 4/26
- Blog Post #6: Report on the issues your community may face on an international scale. 5/3
- Blog Post #7: Report on your community’s use of emerging technologies 5/10
- Blog Post #8: Personal reflection on information communities. (Participation) 5/11
I wrote my doctoral dissertation on blogging librarians, was reminded of this post today thinking about your blogging: http://tametheweb.com/2007/09/23/modeling-the-role-of-blogging-in-librarianship-librarian-why-do-you-blog/ 🙂 (Featured image is from a poster I did about my research at UNT)