Greetings all – I am extending the due date of the Research paper to 5/9 by Midnight PT. 🙂 If you can get it in as soon as you finish. I will start grading as I see them come in.
Research Paper: You will be required to identify an information community to examine, locate and critically evaluate the scholarly and professional literature relating to that community’s information-seeking behavior and needs, gather additional data about your users’ information practices and preferences from community-based resources, and report on the results. (This post outlined the ways to get started.)
I would also urge you, as you prepare your work to do the following:
- Proofread for grammar and clarity of writing. Ask a colleague to proof your work for a fresh set of eyes.
- Work from a strong, cohesive outline and use sub headings to guide the reader through your major points, especially in the literature review and discussion sections..
- Review the rubric for the assignment closely.
- Consult some links in this post for writing your abstract.
After the paper is in, turn your attention to your final Blog Reports:
- Blog Post #7: Report on your community’s use of emerging technologies 5/10
- Blog Post #8: Personal reflection on information communities. (Participation) 5/11