Greetings all – if you feel as though a little extra time would help with the polishing of your papers and APA, please contact me privately. I am happy to grant extensions of 1-3 days.
Research Paper: You will be required to identify an information community to examine, locate and critically evaluate the scholarly and professional literature relating to that community’s information-seeking behavior and needs, gather additional data about your users’ information practices and preferences from community-based resources, and report on the results. (This post outlined the ways to get started.)
I would also urge you, as you prepare your work to do the following:
- Proof for grammar and clarity of writing. Ask a colleague to proof your work for a fresh set of eyes.
- Work from a strong outline and use sub headings to your advantage to guide the reader.
- Review the rubric for the assignment closely.
- Consult some links in this post for writing your abstract.
After the paper is in, turn your attention to Reflection Blogging:
- Blog Post #6: Due 5/14 – Create a media-based artifact (infographic, video, audio, etc) from your research and explorations of your community’s use of emerging technologies. How do they use technology to advance the community or share information? Be as creative as you’d like! Review the Blogging Helper for Post #6 to learn about media creation and more.
- Please submit your blog URL to Canvas after you complete the Post #6.