- Sources Surveys are graded. You will find comments and grades in Canvas.
- Please review the requirements and rubrics of the Literature Review Matrix (LRM) and Research Paper.
- Continue to deep dive on your peer-reviewed LIS literature searches and exploration of other resources. Remember the Lib Guide for 200!
- An important part of the rest of the assignments is describing your community. We can work on our community descriptions here. Please join in!
- Be sure to read over Getting Started with the LRM if you haven’t already.
- Our work will really be ramping up over the next few weeks as you work on the LRM and move on to the Research Paper. Please plan your writing time accordingly. These assignments require careful attention to detail, synthesis of your research to course content, and finely crafted academic prose.
Upcoming Blog Reports: (See assignment page for full descriptors.)
- Blog Post #5: Explore how libraries and information centers create learning and programming opportunities for your chosen community. 11/15
- Blog Post #6: Report on the issues your community may face on an international scale. 11/22
- Blog Post #7: Report on your community’s use of emerging technologies 12/06 (Submit your URL for grading by 12/07)
- Blog Post #8: Personal reflection on information communities. (Participation) 12/07
For core courses in the MLIS program (not MARA) — LIBR 200, LIBR 202, LIBR 204 — the iSchool requires that students earn a B in the course. If the grade is less than B (B- or lower) after the first attempt you will be placed on administrative probation. You must repeat the class the following semester. If -on the second attempt- you do not pass the class with a grade of B or better (not B- but B) you will be disqualified.
Grading will be based on 100 possible points.
- All assignments are due on Sundays and must be turned in by 5 p.m.
- Late submissions will be reduced by 20% of the total points possible for that assignment.
- If life circumstances require students to request an extension, please do so several days before the assignment is due or as soon as possible.
- Communication and interaction throughout the semester via the course section site and Community Site is expected and required.
- No incompletes are given for this section of INFO 200