Lauren B.

• I think I may have misunderstood. I thought you were deleting our blogs, but I think you meant just the community site, not the blogs. Correct?

• One of my favorite witches 🙂 Hope you had a spooky good time this Halloween.

• Here is a link to my review of Nina Simone’s book The Art of Relevance. In her book she discusses how engaging your community with information / content that holds value and meaning, an organization is able to […]

• Lauren B. posted a new activity comment 3 months ago

@michael Gotcha, I understand now and agree that my information community fits into the serious leisure model. Thanks for the article. Very interesting to see how the leisure perspective can expand the discussion to not just behaviors and how users search for information, but also how they use, create, and share information. I will definitely…[Read more]

Hi @michael, yes a Vinyl Collector Community. I was able to find several LIS Peer Reviewed Articles from the One Search with Keyword “Vinyl Collectors” and “Information Behaviors”. What do mean serious leisure area? Is this topic not scholarly enough? I think it could be a really cool way to connect collectors overall, but also connect them to…[Read more]

• @lbarker Oh no – it is an excellent community to look at! I was mentioning an article from Mod 4 about Serious Leisure Info behavior theory. From the piece: “According to Hektor, there are four general modes of information behaviour, shown at the centre of the figure: seeking, gathering, communicating and giving. The modes manifest as eight i…[Read more]

• @michael Gotcha, I understand now and agree that my information community fits into the serious leisure model. Thanks for the article. Very interesting to see how the leisure perspective can expand the discussion to not just behaviors and how users search for information, but also how they use, create, and share information. I will definitely…[Read more]

• @lbarker Cool! Next week, we cover that article and others in the second part of info behavior. All may be useful!

Hi there, @michael. After much consideration, I have chosen to research Vinyl Communities. I have done some preliminary research and have been able to find a lot of information, including Peer Review articles on Vinyl Communities. In addition, I have chosen the Art of Relevance by Nina Simon to use for my Book Review and think the book and…[Read more]

• Hi @lbarker – do you mean folks that collect vinyl LPs? This sounds good and it will fall into the serious leisure area. The articles you found – are they from LIS journals, looking at info behaviors? The Simon book sounds like a good fit too.

• Hi @michael, yes a Vinyl Collector Community. I was able to find several LIS Peer Reviewed Articles from the One Search with Keyword “Vinyl Collectors” and “Information Behaviors”. What do mean serious leisure area? Is this topic not scholarly enough? I think it could be a really cool way to connect collectors overall, but also connect them to…[Read more]

• @lbarker Oh no – it is an excellent community to look at! I was mentioning an article from Mod 4 about Serious Leisure Info behavior theory. From the piece: “According to Hektor, there are four general modes of information behaviour, shown at the centre of the figure: seeking, gathering, communicating and giving. The modes manifest as eight i…[Read more]

• @michael Gotcha, I understand now and agree that my information community fits into the serious leisure model. Thanks for the article. Very interesting to see how the leisure perspective can expand the discussion to not just behaviors and how users search for information, but also how they use, create, and share information. I will definitely…[Read more]

• @lbarker Cool! Next week, we cover that article and others in the second part of info behavior. All may be useful!

• Hi there, @michael. After much consideration, I have chosen to research Vinyl Communities. I have done some preliminary research and have been able to find a lot of information, including Peer Review articles on Vinyl Communities. In addition, I have chosen the Art of Relevance by Nina Simon to use for my Book Review and think the book and…[Read more]

• Hi @lbarker – do you mean folks that collect vinyl LPs? This sounds good and it will fall into the serious leisure area. The articles you found – are they from LIS journals, looking at info behaviors? The Simon book sounds like a good fit too.

• Hi @michael, yes a Vinyl Collector Community. I was able to find several LIS Peer Reviewed Articles from the One Search with Keyword “Vinyl Collectors” and “Information Behaviors”. What do mean serious leisure area? Is this topic not scholarly enough? I think it could be a really cool way to connect collectors overall, but also connect them to…[Read more]

• Hi Everyone! Here’s the link to my blog post.

• Lauren B. posted a new activity comment 3 months, 1 week ago

Hey Michael, nice to meet you. My mom got so many records working at the record store and my dad had a huge collection too, so I cant take all the credit. My parents definitely helped out in building my collection. I love all the musicians you mentioned so much. Joni Mitchell’s “Blue” album is one of my all time favorites. It’s an old friend I’ve…[Read more]

• Nice to meet you, too, Lauren. Gotta admit I’m a little jelly of your musical family. I’m the only one with strong musical inclinations in mine! Yeah, “Blue” is a special record that I’ve had an enduring connection with, too. Feel free to reach out whenever. No worries about rust. I’ve got more enthusiasm than chops anyway, an inveterate amateur.

• Lauren B. posted a new activity comment 3 months, 1 week ago

Hi Brandi, so nice to meet you! It’s so crazy you brought up R+R=NOW. I just got that album on vinyl. I really wanted to go to that show. I love all the musicians in this group and was so excited to see them come together for this. Excited to find another person in the program into the same music. Do you have any shows coming up your going to? I…[Read more]

• I saw Kirk Franklin in Oakland on Aug. 14th, but I have no future concerts in my calendar for the rest of the year. I’m on the mailing list for several venues in the Bay Area, so I’ll definitely reach out to you if I see anything interesting! My friends want to see Mos Def at the Greek Theater in Berkeley on Oct. 25th, so I might go to that.

• Hi Everyone, some of my favorite musicians are Erykah Badu, Miles Davis, Joni MItchell, A Tribe Called Quest, Anderson Paak, Nina Simone, D’Angelo, Noname, Phish, Prince, Sound Tribe Sector Nine, and Radiohead to name a few. I listen to all types of music. Everything from classical, hip-hop, soul, and bluegrass. I like it all, but my favorite…[Read more]

• Nice to meet you Lauren! That’s crazy you listed a bunch of artists that I love. I’ve seen Erykah, Paak, D’Angelo, Phish, and Radiohead live in concert, some of them a couple of times. I was hooked on D’Angelo after he released his latest album in 2015, but my absolute favorite song is “Send It On” from his Voodoo album. If you really like…[Read more]

• Hi Brandi, so nice to meet you! It’s so crazy you brought up R+R=NOW. I just got that album on vinyl. I really wanted to go to that show. I love all the musicians in this group and was so excited to see them come together for this. Excited to find another person in the program into the same music. Do you have any shows coming up your going to? I…[Read more]

• I saw Kirk Franklin in Oakland on Aug. 14th, but I have no future concerts in my calendar for the rest of the year. I’m on the mailing list for several venues in the Bay Area, so I’ll definitely reach out to you if I see anything interesting! My friends want to see Mos Def at the Greek Theater in Berkeley on Oct. 25th, so I might go to that.

• Prince, Joni, Miles, Tribe, D’Angelo–you know what’s up! And 5,000 records. That’s amazing! After a recent cull, I’m down to about 1,000 myself. If you’re in the Bay Area and looking to play music, let me know. I have a little studio with drums, keys, bass, guitars.

• Hey Michael, nice to meet you. My mom got so many records working at the record store and my dad had a huge collection too, so I cant take all the credit. My parents definitely helped out in building my collection. I love all the musicians you mentioned so much. Joni Mitchell’s “Blue” album is one of my all time favorites. It’s an old friend I’ve…[Read more]

• Nice to meet you, too, Lauren. Gotta admit I’m a little jelly of your musical family. I’m the only one with strong musical inclinations in mine! Yeah, “Blue” is a special record that I’ve had an enduring connection with, too. Feel free to reach out whenever. No worries about rust. I’ve got more enthusiasm than chops anyway, an inveterate amateur.

• I love podcasts. I listen to them when I take my dog on hikes. I’ll definitely check these out. Thanks!

• Hi there! Please find the link to my blog below. Thanks!

• Lauren B. changed their profile picture 3 months, 3 weeks ago

• Amy and Profile picture of Lauren B.Lauren B. are now friends 3 months, 3 weeks ago

• Load More