Greetings all! Now we turn our attention to librarians and information professionals encouraging and supporting learning. This module explores how the 20th century “Reading, Writing and Arithmetic” mindset gives way to a new Culture of Learning where opportunities to learn anywhere and everywhere multiply. What examples might you find of libraries encouraging learning opportunities for your community?
Thank you for your hard work on the literature review. I will be grading all week and will aim to everything done by Sunday.
- The Research paper is due 12/3. Please plan your writing time accordingly for the due date. This is to be your most polished, scholarly, and effective writing of the semester.
- Please join the Research Paper Q& A Group to ask questions about the assignment. I think the group format has served us well.
- The rest of the modules will explore various aspects of librarianship and serving our communities. This is meant to introduce you to topics covered in depth in future classes.
- Blog Post #6: Due 12/10 – Create a media-based artifact (infographic, video, audio, etc) from your research and explorations of your community’s use of emerging technologies. How do they use technology to advance the community or share information? Be as creative as you’d like! Review the Blogging Helper for Post #6 to learn about media creation and more.
- Research Paper: 12/3
Grading will be based on 100 possible points.
- All assignments are due on Sundays and must be turned in by 5 p.m.
- Late submissions will be reduced by 20% of the total points possible for that assignment.
- If life circumstances require students to request an extension, please do so several days before the assignment is due or as soon as possible.
- Communication and interaction throughout the semester via the course site is expected and required.
- No incompletes are given for this section of INFO 200