Module Start Dates
- Module 1 (8/27) – Information Communities
- Module 2 (9/03) – Information Users and Information-Seeking Behavior
- Module 3 (9/10) – Information Seeking and Information Communities
- Module 4 (9/17) – Researching Information Communities
- Module 5 (9/24) – Research-Based Information Sources and Services
- Module 6 (10/01) – Community-Generated Information Resources and Services
- Module 7 (10/08) – User Experience
- Module 8 (10/15) – Ethical Issues and Information Communities
- Module 9 (10/22) – Intellectual Freedom and American Law
- Module 10 (10/29) – Information & Misinformation (Coming Soon)
- Module 11 (11/05) – The Global Information Professional
- Module 12 (11/12) – Teaching and Learning
- Module 13 (11/26) – Emerging Technologies
- Module 14 (12/3) – Expanding Roles
- Module 15 (12/10) – Course Wrap Up
Reflection Blogging Due Dates: (See assignment page for full descriptors)
- Blog Post #1: Introduce yourself. (Participation) 9/2
- Blog Post #2: Description of Information Community you are choosing to explore for the course and the research paper. 9/16
- Blog Post #3: Report on the information-seeking behavior and information needs of chosen community. 9/30
- Blog Post #4: Summarize one of the peer-reviewed articles relating to your information community you’ve found. 10/14
- Blog Post #5: Report on an ethical or legal issue pertaining to your information community. 11/4
- Blog Post #6: Report on your community’s use of emerging technologies OR a global perspective on your information community. 12/09
- Blog Post #7: Personal reflection on information communities. (Participation) 12/10
Major Assignment Due Dates:
Grading will be based on 100 possible points.
- All assignments are due on Sundays and must be turned in by 5 p.m. PT
- Major assignments should be submitted to Canvas (not your blog) using the file naming convention: “LastName_NameofAssignment”.
- Late submissions will be reduced by 20% of the total points possible for that assignment.
- If life circumstances require students to request an extension, please do so several days before the assignment is due or as soon as possible.
- Communication and interaction throughout the semester via the course site is expected and required.
- No incompletes are given for this section of INFO 200