Some thoughts for all related to a question I had about our reflective blogging assignment as you work on Post #3 and beyond.
- Start getting very serious about weaving your peer reviewed sources and studies you are finding into your posts. That will set you up to have draft chunks of your paper.
- Utilizing a more formal voice will prepare you for the scholarly written work you will do the rest of the semester.
- Begin to use the proper APA citation method in text: i.e. Stephens (2016) explored the benefits of blogging platforms for LIS students…
- Don’t fret about APA formatting not being perfect – ideas and synthesis of your research is more important.
- Professional articles are super useful as well but do not carry the weight of research-based sources. Use them to support your ideas, but be sure the scholarly approaches are predominant.
- Review Module 2 as needed for information on sources, etc.
Reminder: Blogging is cumulative, graded twice. I do not grade individual posts because I want everyone to have time to find their footing with the assignment. I will grade twice. See the dates below.
Blog Report Due Dates: (See assignment page for full descriptors.)
- Blog Post #1: Introduce yourself. (Participation) 8/23
- Blog Post #2: Describe the Information Community you are choosing to explore for the course and the research paper. 9/13
- Blog Post #3: Report on the information-seeking behavior and information needs of chosen community. 9/27
- Blog Post #4: Summarize one of the peer-reviewed articles relating to your information community you’ve found. 10/04 (Submit your URL for grading)
- Blog Post #5: Explore how libraries and information centers create learning and programming opportunities for your chosen community. 11/15
- Blog Post #6: Report on the issues your community may face on an international scale. 11/22
- Blog Post #7: Report on your community’s use of emerging technologies 12/06 (Submit your URL for grading by 12/07)
- Blog Post #8: Personal reflection on information communities. (Participation) 12/07
I will do a midterm check in for students if they want to chat about their progress. Will post about that soon, after #3 is done. I am also available for questions here, on Zoom IM, etc at anytime. Also if someone is way off track, I message them privately.