Module Start Dates
- Module 1 (1/28) – Information Communities
- Module 2 (2/04) – Information Users and Information-Seeking Behavior
- Module 3 (2/11) – Information Seeking and Information Communities
- Module 4 (2/18) – Researching Information Communities
- Module 5 (2/25) – Research-Based Information Sources and Services
- Module 6 (3/04) – Community-Generated Information Resources and Services
- Module 7 (3/11) – User Experience
- Module 8 (3/18) – Ethical Issues and Information Communities
- Module 9 (3/25) – Intellectual Freedom and American Law
- Module 10 (4/08) – Information & Misinformation
- Module 11 (4/15) – The Global Information Professional
- Module 12 (4/22) – Teaching and Learning
- Module 13 (4/29) – Emerging Technologies
- Module 14 (5/06) – Expanding Roles
- Module 15 (5/13) – Course Wrap Up
Reflection Blogging Due Dates: (See assignment page for full descriptors.)
- Blog Post #1: Introduce yourself. (Participation) 2/03
- Blog Post #2: Description of Information Community you are choosing to explore for the course and the research paper. 2/17
- Blog Post #3: Report on the information-seeking behavior and information needs of chosen community. 3/03
- Blog Post #4: Summarize one of the peer-reviewed articles relating to your information community you’ve found. 3/17
- Blog Post #5: Report on an ethical or legal issue pertaining to your information community. 3/31
- Blog Post #6: Report on your community’s use of emerging technologies OR a global perspective on your information community. 5/12
- Blog Post #7: Personal reflection on information communities. (Participation) 5/13
Major Assignment Due Dates:
Grading will be based on 100 possible points.
- All assignments are due on Sundays and must be turned in by 5 p.m. PT
- Major assignments should be submitted to Canvas (not your blog) using the file naming convention: “LastName_NameofAssignment” as a Word doc or PDF.
- Late submissions will be reduced by 20% of the total points possible for that assignment.
- If life circumstances require students to request an extension, please do so several days before the assignment is due or as soon as possible.
- Communication and interaction throughout the semester via the course site is expected and required.
- No incompletes are given for this section of INFO 200