Module Start Dates
- Module 1 (8/24) – Information Communities
- Module 2 (8/31) – Researching Information Communities
- Module 3 (9/07) – Information Seeking Behavior 1
- Module 4 (9/14) – Information Seeking Behavior 2
- Module 5 (9/21) – Information Communities and Diverse Information Needs
- Module 6 (9/28) – Research-based Information Resources
- Module 7 (10/05) – Community-based Information Resources
- Module 8 (10/12) – User Experience
- Module 9 (10/19) – Intellectual Freedom and Information Communities
- Module 10 (10/26) – Information & Misinformation
- Module 11 (11/02) – Teaching and Learning
- Module 12 (11/09) – Global Information Communities
- Module 13 (11/16) – Emerging Technologies
- Module 14 (11/30) – Expanding Roles
- Module 15 (12/07) – Final Reflections
Blog Report Due Dates: (See assignment page for full descriptors.)
- Blog Post #1: Introduce yourself. (Participation) 8/23
- Blog Post #2: Describe the Information Community you are choosing to explore for the course and the research paper. 9/13
- Blog Post #3: Report on the information-seeking behavior and information needs of chosen community. 9/27
- Blog Post #4: Summarize one of the peer-reviewed articles relating to your information community you’ve found. 10/04 (Submit your URL for grading)
- Blog Post #5: Explore how libraries and information centers create learning and programming opportunities for your chosen community. 11/15
- Blog Post #6: Report on the issues your community may face on an international scale. 11/22
- Blog Post #7: Report on your community’s use of emerging technologies 12/06 (Submit your URL for grading by 12/07)
- Blog Post #8: Personal reflection on information communities. (Participation) 12/07
Major Assignment Due Dates:
Grading will be based on 100 possible points.
- All assignments are due on Sundays and must be turned in by 5 p.m. PT
- Major assignments should be submitted to Canvas (not your blog) using the file naming convention: “LastName_NameofAssignment” as a Word doc or PDF.
- Late submissions will be reduced by 20% of the total points possible for that assignment.
- If life circumstances require students to request an extension, please do so several days before the assignment is due or as soon as possible.
- Communication and interaction throughout the semester via the course site is expected and required.
- No incompletes are given for this section of INFO 200