The goal of the Research Paper is to give you experience in writing a graduate-level research paper. This assignment satisfies the San José State University’s Graduate Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR), and also meets INFO 200’s student learning outcomes #2-#5.
View a video about the assignment:
- Utilize the Research Paper Helper.
- All assignments in INFO 200 help build your understanding and knowledge of the information needs and information-seeking behaviors of the information community you are researching. You can feel free to remix and adapt previous assignments and blog posts and incorporate these into your research paper. This is not self-plagiarism!
- Begin using the INFO 200 LibGuide to identify research paper sources. You will need at least 20 items in your reference list – a majority of which should be scholarly/research peer reviewed sources.
- Set up and use a system for organizing your research articles and reference materials. Consider using a citation manager, such as RefWorks.
- Utilize course material relating to information needs and information-seeking behavior as a resource in your writing.
- Review sample assignments.