Greetings all – I hope you are all safe and well.
Is this fake news? Is this disinformation? Or is this truth and is this true information? And do I want to share it? This module explores the impact of misinformation on communities and individuals. The video lecture by Dr. Michele Villagran explores misinformation and resources to help make good decisions about what to share. Resources explore how our communities might encounter information and misinformation.
Blog Report Due Dates
- Blog Post #5: Explore how libraries and information centers create learning and programming opportunities for your chosen community. 11/15
- Blog Post #6: Report on the issues your community may face on an international scale. 11/22
- Blog Post #7: Report on your community’s use of emerging technologies 12/06 (Submit your URL for grading by 12/07)
- Blog Post #8: Personal reflection on information communities. (Participation) 12/07
Major Assignment Due Dates:
- Our work will continue over the next few weeks as you work on the LRM, and then move on to the Research Paper.
- These assignments require careful attention to detail, synthesis of your research to course content, and finely crafted academic prose.
- Take each thing as a step in the process for the research paper: the LRM, blog posts, outlining your research paper.
Image: Maplehurst Nature Reserve, Fall 2020