Module 7 can be found here. This module explores community-created information communities and how libraries are working with these groups to enhance services. This module will frame your explorations of community-based resources for future assignments.
- Consider the information sources created and used within your community this week as you explore the module.
- Be sure to read the Getting Started with the LRM post, download the template, and begin to plug in your chosen articles.
- Be sure to use proper APA citation style in your writing. Article titles are for the references section!
- Download and use the “Making the Most of Your Blog” document: MakingMostBlogINFO200 _StudentsGuide
- Ask a question about the Information Sources Survey here.
- Continue to search for peer-reviewed articles, community resources, research-based resources and to begin thinking about the remaining formal assignments. The rest of the work you do is the most scholarly and important of the semester.
- Remember to use the INFO 200 LibGuide to assist your research and contact our King Library Liaison if you need assistance refining your searches.
Extensions on Blog Report Due Dates: (See assignment page for full descriptors.)
- Blog Post #3: Report on the information-seeking behavior and information needs of chosen community. DUE: 10/01 ➡️➡️➡️ NOW DUE anytime before or on 10/08
- Blog Post #4: Summarize one of the peer-reviewed articles relating to your information community you’ve found. DUE: 10/08 ➡️➡️➡️ NOW DUE 10/15
Extensions on Major Assignment Due Dates:
- Information Sources Survey: DUE: 10/15 ➡️➡️➡️NOW DUE 1022
Blog Report Due Dates: (See assignment page for full descriptors.)
- Blog Post #6: Report on the issues your community may face on an international scale. DUE: 11/19
- Blog Post #7: Report on your community’s use of emerging technologies. DUE: 12/03
- Blog Post #8: Personal reflection on information communities. DUE: Last day of class
Major Assignment Due Dates:
Ongoing Throughout Semester: Commenting, Engagement and Participation