Greetings all! Now we turn our attention to librarians and information professionals encouraging and supporting learning for their communities. The exchange of information and knowledge within communities of learners is an area ripe for exploration. How people learn, what motivates them, and how we can assess them are viable questions for information professionals. This module explores how the 20th century “Reading, Writing and Arithmetic” mindset gives way to a new culture of learning where opportunities to learn anywhere and everywhere multiply. What examples might you find of libraries encouraging learning opportunities for your chosen community?
- Our work will continue as you move on to the Research Paper.
- Please plan your writing time accordingly. These assignments require careful attention to detail, synthesis of your research to course content, and finely crafted academic prose.
April 24: INFO 200 Research Paper Q & A Session at 1pm PT. We will go over any questions you might have about the Research Paper. Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://sjsu.zoom.us/j/87212861820?pwd=cU5ES21VdnVTREJSbHlLbGVsTXNNdz09 Password: 405238
Also, I am on Zoom IM as much as possible during the day. You can message me if you have a question or need to check in about something. Michigan is in eastern time so I am usually winding down by around 7pm or so.
Blog Report Due Dates
- Blog Post #5: Explore how libraries and information centers create learning and programming opportunities for your chosen community. DUE THIS WEEK: 4/24
- Blog Post #6: Report on the issues your community may face on an international scale. DUE: 5/01
- Blog Post #7: Report on your community’s use of emerging technologies. DUE: 5/08 (Submit your URL for grading)
- Blog Post #8: Personal reflection on information communities. (Participation) DUE: 5/16
- Research Paper: DUE: 5/13 FRIDAY
Grading will be based on 100 possible points.
- All assignments are due on Sundays and must be turned in by 5 p.m.
- Late submissions will be reduced by 20% of the total points possible for that assignment.
- If life circumstances require students to request an extension, please do so several days before the assignment is due or as soon as possible.
- Communication and interaction throughout the semester via the course site is expected and required.
- No incompletes are given for this section of INFO 200.