Kevin M

• @michael I have cats and don’t think they’d go along with that haha. But point definitely taken. It’s sometimes hard to make yourself take those breaks, but I know how important they are.

• @michael Hanging in there and powering through. Gearing up for the busy final month of the semester. I guess luckily the busyness is keeping me distracted from the chaos out in the world. Working on taking care of […]

• @michael This definitely helps with the community based source as being on a spectrum of the info cycle, thank you. I believe my book is still research based, later in the cycle, as it looks back at the cultural […]

• @michael Thank you so much for this and for posting the updated video! I definitely get the theory or model aspect but have to wrap my head a little more around the conceptual framework, which feels more abstract. […]

• @michael I started playing with the Lit Review Matrix template (yikes haha), starting by inputting the info from my article in Blog 4. Can you clarify the Theoretical/Conceptual Framework column? Looking at the […]

• @michael Is it possible for an information source to be positioned in more than one place on the Information Cycle? As the show of my fan base is still on the air, information is covered that is both old and new. […]

• @michael Price and her frequent partner Robinson have been so helpful for me in guiding my assignments about fandom through an LIS perspective. I think others will find it useful, as well, as that combination can […]

• This video was of great help to me as I continued educating myself on serious leisure for my Model/Theory summary. I think others will find it fascinating whether they are applying it to their community or not.

• Kevin M posted a new activity comment 2 months, 2 weeks ago

@mkane Haha oh yeah I think I literally *have* researched three communities. It’s been a real ping pong game inside my head. It’s nice to have company in this regard. I think I’m pretty close to decided, but I now have to sift through what I’ve found and make sense out of it all!

• Kevin M posted a new activity comment 2 months, 3 weeks ago

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it’s too broad. As an overall community they have a specific goal and reason to seek and gather information. There’s definitely a good amount of information you may find to explore, but I feel it’s a fairly distinct community.

I would think this is a fascinating topic, as seeking and sharing information could prove challenging for that community, and I’d be curious how they overcome those obstacles. I can definitely see how this could affect their mental health and it would be interesting to see how they get the help they need. Libraries could prove overwhelming, but…[Read more]

Hi @masterkeyper! I think these are all great ideas. I keep flip flopping back and forth between ideas myself. Every time I think I’ve decided, I start going back to a different idea.

I would imagine just using the Disney community alone would supply a good amount of research, as there are so many aspects to Disney that the community could seek…[Read more]

• @kevinm I’m laughing out loud as I read your comment about flip flopping back and forth between ideas. I’m right there with you! In some ways I feel like I’ve already researched three communities!

• @mkane Haha oh yeah I think I literally *have* researched three communities. It’s been a real ping pong game inside my head. It’s nice to have company in this regard. I think I’m pretty close to decided, but I now have to sift through what I’ve found and make sense out of it all!

@kataloging No reason to apologize at all! This was just me with thoughts swirling around my head trying to figure this puppy out. You’re right about my passion for the children’s department, and I’m excited to figure out where I land with the subject matter. I know we still have a little time, but I want to better visualize where I’m going with…[Read more]

Hi again @kataloging. How’s it coming on your end? I find myself flip flopping between ideas. I’m now back to leaning toward children as a community, partially because of a picture book lecture I attended at a work event that reminded me of my enthusiasm for the topic at large, and also because I love interacting with the kids at the desk as they…[Read more]

• Hey @kevinm! Sorry for disappearing on you there, work was completely hectic this week!

I’m glad that you’re back to considering child communities again! I keep thinking back to your introductory post in 203 and how you seemed so passionate about the children’s department. Of course you should go whichever direction you feel most solid with, but…[Read more]

• @kataloging No reason to apologize at all! This was just me with thoughts swirling around my head trying to figure this puppy out. You’re right about my passion for the children’s department, and I’m excited to figure out where I land with the subject matter. I know we still have a little time, but I want to better visualize where I’m going with…[Read more]

Hi @kataloging! I’m actually not working in a children’s department yet, although that’s the goal. Obviously that Information Community is of high interest to me, and I really like your ideas (especially the graphic novel side of things). But I also know I’ll be exploring the community in depth in some of my electives, and I’m intrigued by this…[Read more]

• Hi again @kataloging. How’s it coming on your end? I find myself flip flopping between ideas. I’m now back to leaning toward children as a community, partially because of a picture book lecture I attended at a work event that reminded me of my enthusiasm for the topic at large, and also because I love interacting with the kids at the desk as they…[Read more]

• Hey @kevinm! Sorry for disappearing on you there, work was completely hectic this week!

I’m glad that you’re back to considering child communities again! I keep thinking back to your introductory post in 203 and how you seemed so passionate about the children’s department. Of course you should go whichever direction you feel most solid with, but…[Read more]

• @kataloging No reason to apologize at all! This was just me with thoughts swirling around my head trying to figure this puppy out. You’re right about my passion for the children’s department, and I’m excited to figure out where I land with the subject matter. I know we still have a little time, but I want to better visualize where I’m going with…[Read more]

• Kevin M's profile was updated 2 months, 3 weeks ago

• Kevin M posted a new activity comment 2 months, 4 weeks ago

I’m right there with you, Katelyn! I have a few ideas, but when I spend time researching articles, I feel like I’m grasping at straws. (Although I know some of our resources will be about information seeking itself.) Plus I don’t know if they’ll hold my interest through the variety of writings that lay ahead. Personally, I’m a little over the…[Read more]

• @kevinm

I think this is somehow quite difficult if you’re working closely with an information community already. I keep getting stuck on the primary information community that I serve every day at work. Is it the same for you working in the children’s department?

I don’t know about your library, but at ours fantasy juvenile fiction and juvenile…[Read more]

• Hi @kataloging! I’m actually not working in a children’s department yet, although that’s the goal. Obviously that Information Community is of high interest to me, and I really like your ideas (especially the graphic novel side of things). But I also know I’ll be exploring the community in depth in some of my electives, and I’m intrigued by this…[Read more]

• Hi again @kataloging. How’s it coming on your end? I find myself flip flopping between ideas. I’m now back to leaning toward children as a community, partially because of a picture book lecture I attended at a work event that reminded me of my enthusiasm for the topic at large, and also because I love interacting with the kids at the desk as they…[Read more]

• Load More